I plant my flag. I sit by the warm fire. I see the road traveled so far,fruitful, full of joy and with lovely characters along the way.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

Dirty Hotels in Europe, United States and Asia - Trip Advisor

Last weekend Peter and I went away for a relaxing weekend, near Pretoria. It had not rained at the place for five weeks, which is why the lodge suffered from ants (we were told). Besides the fact that there were lots of flies and mosquitoes. However, this is common in the bush and I tried to ignore these little insects for the first day.

Until I woke up on Saturday morning. I found ants walking on our bed and even, (so horrible) over my face! I freaked out, jumped out of bed and was not pleased at all. I complained and of course, the owners were so sorry and again explained what they had tried so far to get rid of the ants. Well, we decided to stay. The food was very good, and I forgot the incident during the day. However, I remembered the next morning! I am home safe now, without ants or other insects. I am enjoying city life in Johannesburg and by the way, with itching mosquito bites all over my legs and arms.

The mosquito bites made me curious. I googled bad hotel reviews on Trip Advisor to find worse places than this one. Reviews as 'disgusting', 'worst place ever', 'really really bad', 'awful', 'stay away', 'toxic', 'horrible', 'you will regret it', 'would be safer and cleaner on the streets', 'never again', 'chukit it in the bin! This place should be closed down!' are listed on the website. One story is more horrible than the next. I love lists like these, helpful but so disgusting!

Below you will find top ten dirty hotels in Europe, United States and Asia. The ones you, for many different reasons, should stay away from:

Dirtiest Hotels – Europe
1. Grosvenor Hotel, Blackpool, United Kingdom
2. Villaggio Club Porto Ainu, Budoni, Italy
3. Park Hotel, London, United Kingdom
4. Boston Court Hotel, London, United Kingdom
5. Cromwell Crown, London, United Kingdom
6. Dam Hotel, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
7. Corbigoe Hotel, London, United Kingdom
8. Earls Court Gardens Hotel, London, United Kingdom
9. Blair Victoria & Tudor Inn Hotel, London, United Kingdom
10. Minster Hotel, York, United Kingdom

Dirtiest Hotels - United States

1. Heritage Marina Hotel, San Francisco, California
2. Days Inn Eureka, Eureka, Missouri
3. Tropicana Resort Hotel, Virginia Beach, Virginia
4. Super 8 Virginia Beach/At the Ocean, Virginia Beach, Virginia
5. Quality Inn, Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
6. New York Inn, New York City, New York
7. Parisian Hotel & Suites, Miami Beach, Florida
8. Capistrano Seaside Inn, Capistrano Beach, California
9. Desert Lodge, Palm Springs, California
10. Continental Oceanfront Hotel South Beach, Miami Beach, Florida

Dirtiest Hotels - Asia
1. Phi Phi Don Chukit Resort, Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
2. Raj Residency, Chennai (Madras), India
3. Goldkist Beach Resort, Singapore, Singapore
4. Mahkota Hotel Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia
5. Centaur Hotel, IGI Airport, New Delhi, India
6. Tatami Hampton Hotel, Hong Kong, China
7. Pearl of the Pacific Boracay Resort & Spa, Boracay, Philippines
8. First Hotel Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
9. Seri Costa Hotel-Resort, Melaka, Malaysia
10. Royal Peacock Hotel, Singapore, Singapore

Above hotels are reviewed and listed on http://www.tripadvisor.com/DirtyHotels

Sleep well tonight, without bugs or ants I hope.

Warm regards,

Abigail Summer

PS Something else but nevertheless very important.. I received my first comment last week, hooray! Barak Hirschowitz made the effort to let me know he was glad to hear that someone (me) still enjoyed that recipe after several years and he wished me all the best. Thanks Barak, I really appreciate it.

No comments: